Why savvy New Braunfels patients choose a mercury free dentist
Today’s healthcare consumer has evolved, using the internet to learn more about treatment options, for well-informed care decisions. An increasing number of perceptive individuals in the New Braunfels area are seeking a mercury free/mercury safe dentist to help them achieve wellness goals.
What is mercury free/mercury safe dentistry?
Dental amalgam fillings look silver, but the material is an alloy of metals. It includes about 50 percent mercury, which can be inhaled, ingested, and absorbed. The human body is not equipped to flush mercury, so it bio accumulates over time.
A mercury free dental practice has no amalgam on premises, and does not place amalgam fillings. A mercury safe practice follows stringent protocols for removal of silver-colored fillings, when requested by the patient or necessary because of failure of the amalgam restoration.
A caring choice
Consumers choose a mercury free, mercury safe dentist because they care about:
- Oral health – Non-metal restorations preserve more tooth structure, and carry little or no risk of allergic reaction. They are also kinder to opposing teeth.
- Whole body wellness – Amalgam places a potent neurotoxin just inches from the brain. Effects can ripple throughout the body.
- Appearance – Metal free dental work blends beautifully in the smile.
- Wellbeing of others – Mercury free and mercury safe practices protect the dental team as well as patients.
- Our shared environment – Mercury free/mercury safe methods keep this element out of public wastewater systems, landfills, and soil.
Since he began practicing dentistry more than 20 years ago, Dr. Griffin Cole has never placed amalgam fillings. He simply has too much respect for the welfare of his patients to put them at risk from mercury, when better alternatives exist. He is a long-standing member of the Int’l Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology, a past President, and the featured doctor on the SMART (Safe Mercury Amalgam Removal Technique) safety videos utilized by dentists worldwide. Dr. Cole is well regarded for his specialized training and equipment for safe removal of amalgam.
New patients are welcome at E. Griffin Cole, DDS, NMD. Call (512) 472-3565
Back to Mercury Safe Dentistry Page