Austin, TX dental office provides cosmetic treatments
At the practice of Dr. Griffin Cole and Dr. Christopher Naranjo, patients in the area of Austin Texas have access to a wide range of dental treatments and services. When patients are interested in improving the appearance of their smile, they may turn to our team to learn more about the advantages of cosmetic dentistry.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is a field of dental work that focuses on restoring the aesthetics of the smile. Many patients have healthy smiles but have imperfections that cause them to feel self-conscious about their appearance. When situations such as these arise, our team of professionals may recommend cosmetic dentistry. Most patients are unaware of how affordable and attainable effective cosmetic dentistry can be to achieve their dream smile. Below are just a few of the more common cosmetic services provided at the practice of Drs. Cole and Naranjo:
- Dental Bonding – A material called composite resin is an effective solution for covering imperfections or repairing broken teeth. This material is popular because it is long-lasting and mimics the appearance of natural tooth enamel. Dental bonding is placed, filed, and polished to look like natural tooth enamel. It is an economical solution to common imperfections.
- Tooth-Colored Restorations (also known as fillings) – While our office does offer dental restorations that are made of metals such as gold, these are not always the most attractive options for our patients. Instead, our dentists may recommend the use of composite resin to act as a tooth-colored filling. These restorations are effective in restoring teeth with previous decay in a more aesthetic manner.
- Inlays and Onlays – Areas where decay is more extensive and a conservative alternative to dental crowns are being considered may benefit from the fabrication and placement of inlays and onlays. Inlays and onlays are used if the natural tooth requires more coverage than a restoration, but less than a crown.
- Professional Whitening – Another way to rejuvenate the smile is to whiten the teeth. This can be done using our professional solutions to achieve better results than whitening products available at the local drugstores. Professional whitening uses trays with stronger, more concentrated bleaching gels to brighten the teeth over the course of several weeks. We offer in house whitening or take home trays so that you can control the whiteness of your teeth.
- Porcelain Veneers – Another way to achieve a more attractive appearance is with the use of porcelain veneers. These thin shells of porcelain are custom-made and bonded onto the front of the tooth to cover imperfections. These are stain-resistant and can last many years with proper maintenance and care. They are used in many situations to cover misaligned teeth, gapped teeth, broken teeth, or permanently stained teeth. Their versatility makes them a popular option for many of our patients.
Where do I go to obtain cosmetic dentistry?
If you are looking for a dentist “near me” that offers cosmetic dentistry, now is the time to connect with Drs. Cole and Naranjo of Austin, TX. They work intimately with a high end boutique dental lab to achieve the best function and esthetics, while implementing the most advanced solutions for general, cosmetic, and reconstructive dentistry. They continue to be a popular and trustworthy choice for patients in the surrounding communities. Call (512) 472-3565 to request a consultation visit at 1301 West 25th Street, Suite #402.